Friday, December 18, 2009

ELIXIRCABLESample

I received an Elixir 20 foot guitar cable in the mail yesterday as part of their promotion to have customers try them out. I am very impressed. I've had Spectraflex, Pro Co and handmade cables in my gear over the years, This cable does what it says. It really allows the true sound of an instrument to shine through. I will youtube a demo later this month comparing the sound of two cables.
Last night I used the cable with an Epiphone hollowbody and Fender Pro Junior. Usually these two are very dark and sound good but lack clarity. The sound last night was crisp and clear and I could hear my guitar much clearer. Chords and melodies came through cleanly and it was almost if my amp magically had more headroom b/c of the cable. More to come.
What a great Christmas gift!

No comments: